Every year around the world, humans take action to save the environment with various proactive celebrations on 5th June. This year, Ambuja Foundation was no different, with the team planning various activities for stakeholders to raise awareness of the issue of the depleting environment and the effect it will have on us. Here are some of the activities across locations:
· Plantation - Extensive tree plantation activities are organized across locations involving employees, SEDI students, women, farmers and others - who planted a sapling and pledged support for the environment.
· Poster Competition - Encouraging innovation and digital technology, 50 SEDI students used the designing platform Canva to create digital posters.
· Quiz Competition - Trainees participated in quiz competitions testing their knowledge about the environment and climate change.
· Street Plays - The best way to create awareness is to involve the future generation. SEDI students scripted and acted in a street play raising awareness about World Environment Day, encouraging people to avoid the use of plastic.
· Guest Lectures - Experts from the field of Environment were invited as guest lecturers to speak about climate change, plastic pollution and environment preservation.
· Vehicle Pollution - Our teams and trainees were encouraged to check their vehicles to understand the level of pollution it is emitting and measures to be taken.
· Bird Feed Installed - A small gesture creates a big impact. In order to provide water for birds in the summer, trainees installed bird feeders in front of, or on the roofs, of their homes.
· Plastic Pollution - Our team from Better Cotton, Gujarat including all 11 Production Units collected plastic from villages with the help of village leaders, to spread the message of ‘plastic free villages.’